Will he "ababandond" her?


One day my friend and I were watching a movie. It happened couple months after I have arrived here. The character was going to leave the girl. One more time I could not keep my mouth shut up, and I tried to say, “will he abandon her?", but I totally mispronounced this word! I said:

J - Will he "abandondon" her?

I could not say abandon. My friend laughing looked at me and said:

B - What is he going to do?

I tried to say correct, but again the sound that came was "abandondon". 
Well, abandon in Portuguese means abandonar, and I was trying to pronounce like I pronounce in Portuguese, and as a result I made another goof. Of course, my friend laughed a lot, and I received many messages with this "new word" later. Naturally, all the time that I listen to this word, it reminds me that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts